Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Just below the surface



All right folks. Here is the first photo entry. Yes, it is the same as a post I made over at Reflections of Beauty, but that's OK. That's commentary and discourse. This is Photographs and Poetry. And to save you the trouble, when it's from another of my blogs, the title itself will be a link to that other blog entry -- just click on it.

So, to show you what I had in mind, I also made the first comment. It is my attempt at a poem to accompany this picture. What? Think you can do better? Well, I have no doubt ;-) But you have to prove that to us by posting your poem as a comment. (Note: the comment window will "float" so you can place it next to the photograph to help you generate your pearls of poetry ;-)

Finally, my blogger friend Pat Denino is the one who put me up to this (actually, only a gentle offer). She's got something else planned over at MyTown. Pat, please have your staff of editors ;-) feel free to download my photos and (god forbid) my poems if you would like to include them over there. I haven't figured out all that hifalutin stuff yet.

OK ... now on to the Photographs ... and the Poetry ...


Just Below the Surface
by Steven Crisp

Tickle, trickle
Bubble, trouble
Something caught my ear ...

Stillness, calmness, it is clear
Quiet I can almost hear
The sound of silence, never fear ...

Razzle, dazzle
Flitter, glitter
Something caught my eye ...

Just below the surface shy
Beauty found at once nearby
Presence, patience, I'll comply ...

What may come of time thus spent?
Will it help to pay the rent?
Perhaps we'll find a bigger coin
If kindred spirits choose to join

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Steven Crisp said...

Tickle, trickle
Bubble, trouble
Something caught my ear ...

Stillness, calmness, it is clear
Quiet I can almost hear
The sound of silence, never fear ...

Razzle, dazzle
Flitter, glitter
Something caught my eye ...

Just below the surface shy
Beauty found at once nearby
Presence, patience, I'll comply ...

What may come of time thus spent?
Will it help to pay the rent?
Perhaps we'll find a bigger coin
If kindred spirits choose to join

April 10, 2007 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Ah, I finally made it over here. Nice poem! Even if you're hiding it in the column section…

Hopefully I'll have something to add before too long.
:-)

April 19, 2007 at 1:45 AM  
Blogger Steven Crisp said...

Thanks for the visit Pat. Yes, well, the format is a bit forced. We'll have to see if a better idea emerges.

And of course, your words, thoughts, and poetry are always welcome (if the spirit so moves you).

Oh, and thanks again for your gentle prodding.

Comfort zone? What comfort zone?

Or as a friend inquired after we told him to think outside the box ... "what box?"

April 19, 2007 at 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home