Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blinded by the Light



OK, we are going to try a slightly different approach, at the suggestion of another blogger. I will post poems I receive in comments directly, making it easier to read when reviewing the blog. SO I guess I have to start ...

Blinded by the Light
by Steven Crisp

As a child I had been taught
With a young impressionable mind
To never look directly at the sun
For it just might make me blind

But deep inside, I felt the call
I heard my heart, what could befall?
To listen to that voice, so soft and calm
A soft lullaby, a favorite psalm

As I matured and became educated
I knew reason would now be my guide
Enough with these feelings, these voices
That stirred from somewhere deep inside

Work would consume, and family distract
Two children and pets, that's quite an act
Parents to care for, a house to maintain
To say what was missing, I could not explain

Then gazing outward, I could now see it all:
The light, the dark, and the great and small
My God, the fertile void, Infinity and the sun
And now gazing inward, I see we are all One

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home