Sunday, May 6, 2007

In a daze



In a Daze
by Steven Crisp

I awakened after a restless sleep
A little tired, my head a little sore
Took a walk in the cool crisp morning
To see what the day might have in store

I noticed that I couldn't really focus
On any one thing in particular
Instead the world around me just flowed
It was beautiful -- simply spectacular

To see the world, and find acceptance
To be grateful for what is, and what is not
Can you feel that peaceful bliss?
You must feel it, for it isn't just a thought

Others see you in that state
And wonder what the heck is up
Did you have too much wine last night?
Perhaps you should have left the last cup

But they know you're someplace special
They've seen you there once before
And they're curious about that look of yours
To see what that daze might have in store

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home